If you have a dream to get a PR and move to Canada then you are reading the right article.
The very first step is to know whether you are eligible or not. Answering this question is very simple and we will explain it to you in this article.
There are two kinds of points to be considered.
- Federal skilled worker points
- CRS points.
In this article, we will only talk about federal skilled worker eligibility points because only if we have been qualified in this FSW points should CRS be calculated.
Now coming to FSW eligibility points (that is, federal skilled worker points), there are six factors to be considered when calculating your points.
We will show you how to calculate your points based on each factor.
The 6 factors for calculating your FWS eligibility points are:
- Work experience
- Language test
- Understand adaptability
- Arranged employment from Canada
The minimum points required to qualify when you calculate all these factors should be 67 points.
6 Factors to Check Eligibility for Canada PR
1) Age factor to check eligibility for Canada PR
Age points table:
|Age||points (12 Max)|
|47 and older||0|
For example, if Shoeb’s age is 32, then if you see the table, the age 32 actually comes in the 18 to 35 segment, which is 12 points.
Education points table:
|Level of education||Points (25 Max)|
|Two or more post-secondary degrees – atleast one for a program of atleast 3 years||22|
|Post-secondary degree – 3 years or longer||21|
|Post-secondary degree – 2 years||19|
|Post-secondary degree – 1 year||15|
For example, if Shoeb’s education is Bachelors- that is, if Shoeb has done his bachelor’s then in the table bachelor’s degree falls under post-secondary degree – three years or longer, which will be 21 points.
3) Work experience
Work experience Points table:
|Work Experience||Points (15 Max)|
|6 or more years||15|
For example, Shoeb’s work experience is eight years. Now as you can see in the table, if a person’s work experience is six or more years, (s)he will gain the maximum points, that is 15.
4) IELTS score to check eligibility for Canada PR
IELTS score Table:
If you also speak French and get the minimum NCLC level required, you are granted 4 more points in the language section.
Here you check as an example the points gained for FSW:
For example, if Shoeb’s score is the following then he will gain 21 points:
|IELTS Score||points gained for FSW|
For this, the following are some other advantages
- If you have past work experience in Canada for at least one year then you gain 10 points
- If your spouse or partner as full-time work experience in Canada for at least one year then you get 5 points
- If you have studied in Canada for at least two academic years then you’ll get 5 points
- If your spouse or partner has studied in Canada for two years then you will get 5 points
- If you have any employment in Canada you get 5 points
- If your spouse or partner also has taken IELTS and scores minimum points like listening 4.0, reading 4.5, writing 3.5 and speaking 4.0 then you’ll get 5 points
- If you have a relative in Canada then you get 5 points. (The relative should be holding a PR or citizenship or else it will not be considered.)
So, for example, let’s say Shoeb has a relative in Canada who has a PR. So he would gain 5 points.
6) Canada Employment
- If you are currently working in Canada
- If you have any job offer from Canada Organizations
For example, let’s say Shoeb doesn’t have any of these. So, the points gained is 0.
Final Points calculation for Shoeb
So Shoeb is eligible to apply for a PR since his points are more than 67.
So, the minimum requirement for points is 67. If you have 67 or more points, you become eligible to apply for Canadian PR.
Ace Migration Services is one of the leading Immigration Consultancies for Canada and Australia Migration in Dubai. We provide top-notch immigration services and give utmost priority to the quality of our services provided to our clients.